- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 (or however many you like) holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Fics about/including the supporting characters that I love:
- Ramirez (Dresden Files bookverse)
- Major Lorne (Stargate Atlantis)
- Major Davis (Stargate SG-1)
- Det. Flack (CSI:NY)
2. Art (of any kind) for one of my fics.
3. Music! I love music! In foreign languages, with really pretty lyrics, nice instrumental pieces, I love all that stuff.
4. Book recommendations. I find the 'grown-up' book section extremely intimidating, so I'd love some suggestions for good books to seek out. I like Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Mysteries and Historical Fiction.
5. Read me a story! Do a voice post or record with your microphone. I love to be read to. Read me one of your stories, one of my stories or any other stories you'd like.
6. In a similar vein, sing me a song! I love Christmas carols, or any other songs you might wish to serenade me with. I don't care if you can sing or not, it'll make me thrilled that you tried.
7. Watch one of the following movies and think of me (and let me know what you thought if you haven't seen it before):
Babes in Toyland
Blackadder's Christmas Carol
Bon Cop Bad Cop
Kate & Leopold
Men With Brooms
Mrs. Santa Claus
Pride & Predjudice (either the mini-series or the Keira Knightly version)
Sense & Sensibility (Emma Thompson version)
Singing in the Rain
The Slipper and The Rose
8. Tell me about a fun game to play online that you like. I'm always looking for new ways to waste time on the computer. I especially like time management and brain puzzler games.
9. Anything from my RDNA wishlist or Renderosity wishlist. I'm stage_rose on both those sites.
10. Have a safe, happy and wonderful holiday season. Don't drink and drive. Hug someone you love. Eat lots of chocolate.