I find it easier to rant in point form, so I shall.
- Spock/Uhura is HOTT. I was not expecting it to be. I had been spoiled about it, so it wasn't surprising that it happened. Just that I really like them together. And it was hott. Ama was a little weirded out that he was her teacher, but that didn't bother me.
- Zachary Quinto as Spock is win. I have to confess to not seeing a lot of the OS, so I can say definitively if he was true to the character, but I thought he handled the stoic/broiling emotions really well and played the deadpan perfectly.
- Chris Pine was also very good. I thought in certain light he was very similar looking to Shatner, especially at the end when he has his legs crossed in the captain's chair. He badassed very well.
- Special effects were nuts and seamless. It's nice to see everything on a big budget, too. The ship's engine room was spectacular and all the screens and HUDS were a very nice touch.
- There's always a bigger fish.
- The Romulans (I'm probably spelling that wrong) had bad ass coats. I thought Eric Bana did a great job at being constantly on the edge of a nervous breakdown. He gave the impression that if you pushed him one inch further, he was going to gun everyone down and start eating puppies or something. One thing that didn't make sense? "Let's build walkways that don't connect over a giant pit of doom and not put railings on them." Sure, it's awesome for stunts, but how many poor Romulans were just walking around and fell to their deaths? It's a lawsuit waiting to happen.
- All the supporting cast was well cast. Kirk's dad looks like Kirk's dad and young Spock looks like young Spock. Random Cameron is random.
- I love you Simon Pegg.
That is all.