Comment to this entry and I'll pick up to three of your fandoms. You must then update your journal and answer the following questions:
1. What got you into this fandom in the first place?
2. Do you think you'll stay in this fandom or eventually move on?
3. Favorite episodes/books/movies, etc?
4. Do you participate in this fandom (fanfiction, graphics, discussions)?
5. Do you think more people should get into this fandom?
She gave me: Firefly, Dresden Files, Stargate
1. My Best Internet Friend Bec was into it, she used a lot of the actors for RPG pbs. She talked about it a little. Then my uncle mentioned it to my mum as something we would like if we liked Stargate. I put the DVDs on my Ziplist and I was hooked after the first episode.
2. I think Ama, who I converted and the pupil has now surpassed the master, will never let me out of this fandom. She is obsessed. She still hopes it will return. I myself, as much as I love it, am more uh...rational about it.
3. Fave episode is 'Out of Gas'.
4. I write fanfiction and make icons and such. I don't discuss it online, but Ama and I have certainly discussed it.
5. Yes. I think that they should. I'm not of the 'Joss is God' religion, but I do wish more people had watched it and would watch it. It deserves a larger fanbase.
1. They showed a lot of commercials for it on Space (the Canadian SciFi) and I remember noticing Terrence Mann was in it (who I knew from my Pimpernel days). They showed it at a very odd time here, though, like Sunday @ 10PM, I want to say. I don't know if they showed it at that time in the States too, but it was just too late for Sunday night viewing and I never watched it while it was originally airing. I found it online, though, and got hooked from there. I did my best to support Space reruns, but it was too late by that point. I got into the books from the TV show.
2. It's definitely one of my longest running fandoms, but that could just be because of all the fanfic I write. I think it'll always be a favourite of mine, but I don't know if I'll stick around forever. If the books stop, that'll probably be the end of my fix.
3. Favourite episode is Things that Go Bump. Fave book is Dead Beat.
4. I write much fanfiction and I made icons up till the point the hi rez cap site went down. That made me sad.
5. I dunno. I have to admit that it's not exactly great literature or brilliant special effects, but all the books are super, exciting reads and the TV show is fun and more intimate and easy to access than a lot of SciFi. I wish more people had watched the show, but it's too late for that now.
1. One day I was bored and I flipped onto Andromeda when I was channel surfing. Reruns were on at 6pm every night on Space. I started to watch them. Buffy reruns were on after, at 7pm. I started to watch them. Stargate SG-1 reruns were on after Buffy at 8pm, I started to watch them. Stargate stuck, the others didn't. I lured my mum in through promises of Kurt Russell in the movie and we have watched every episode of both series on DVD since, except for Season 5 of Atlantis which hasn't aired here yet, nor have the DVDS come out.
2. I will watch any Stargate series they put out, most likely, and will continue to watch reruns if they continue to be aired. It's more of a constant companion than an obsession, though. I don't know how that will affect it's longevity.
3. That's hard...there were over 200 SG-1 episodes. I'd find it easier to tell you which ones were my least favourite, since an episode I didn't like was very rare. I think my favourites are Point of View (the first episode I ever saw and a great one to hook me in), Nemesis (the replicators are my favourite villains, they creep me right out), Window of Opportunity and Avalon Pts 1 & 2 (I love Mitchell). For Atlantis, my favourite episodes have been The Hive (David Hewlett circling around Elizabeth in the Gate room while hepped up on wraith enzyme is kickass), Grace Under Pressure (I want to be David Hewlett when I grow up) and McKay and Mrs. Miller. (I still want to be David Hewlett when I grow up).
4. I've written one tiny fic for a meme for Atlantis, but nothing else for either verses. I'd like to, but the universe is so huge, it's a bit daunting. I've made icons for few episodes and some of Major Davis (who's my boy).
5. Yes, I definitely think more people should watch it. I find it's rare for me to bump into somewhere around here in my town who's seen either show. I wish SG-1 had gone on longer. I loved the Arthurian theme of the final two seasons. It's hard to find a show that can be so consistently exciting, funny, fascinating and human, especially in SciFi.