1. Leave me a comment saying, 'interview me'.
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. Update your LJ with the answers to the questions. (You must do this, even if it's filtered for my eyes only!)
4. Include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
1. What's your favorite thing about your country?
I like that Canadians are generally percieved as 'peacekeepers', and not warmongers. We seemed to be well-liked around most of the world. I like our sense of humour about ourselves, too. Some countries can't take it when people make fun of them, but we love it. :-)
2. Which of the five senses would you most hate to live without?
This is a tough one. I think it would be hearing, because, of all things, music makes me feel the happiest. Pretty music gives me a sort of pleasant feeling in my stomach and I love to sing or hum along with it. Sight would be a close second, though, since I love to look at pretty things, and to read.
3. Do you aspire to be a published author/novelist?
Yes? Sort of? I mean, I'd really like to, and it would suit my current health issues to be able to work from home. I think Ama is pretty much going to make sure that it happens. She's doing everything in her power to help me get my stuff together to start writing original works.
4. Are you afraid of the dark?
I definitely was when I was younger, but I was afraid of pretty much everything when I was younger. A combination of food allergies and an anxiety disorder made me scared almost constantly. Now, I do sleep in the dark, but total darkness makes me a little nervous still. It may be because I associate it with thunderstorms, which are one my one big, big, phobia.
5. Do you wear any jewelry on a regular basis?
I love jewelry and Ama once described me as being 'on the verge of over accessorizing constantly' (I think it was a compliment?), so I do wear it regularly. In terms of specific pieces, I have my one really 'nice' necklace, which my mum let me pick out for a birthday a couple of years ago. It's silver, doughnut shaped (like Murphy's necklace) and says 'color outside the lines' on it. It's my favourite. I also have a ring that I inherited from my grandmother. The diamond fell out of her engagement ring and she wrapped it in a kleenex and put it on her dresser. My dad's grandmother mistook it for garbage and threw it away. So my Grandpa took the diamonds from different rings my Grandma had inherited throughout the years and made her an anniversary ring. It has one large diamond in the middle and is surrounded by little diamonds, the two little diamonds to each side, also surrounded by diamonds. It looks like three flowers, basically. It's gorgeous. It's so gorgeous, in fact, that my grandma didn't want me to have it until I was married because any other ring I received would pale in comparison. But, I got it earlier than that, obviously, and we had it resized for my ginormas fingers. Whenever we go to an event where we think my grandma would go were she still alive (like our graduations or my cousin's wedding), either my mother or I wear it so she's there in spirit.
1. If you could have any kind of pet (real or mythological creature) what would it be?
I've always wanted a pet duckling. I don't know why. I just think it would be adorable, all little and fuzzy and quacky. It's part of the reason I once gave Harry a duck, I think.
2. What's one language you wish you spoke?
Oh, God. There are so many. I think German, though, because they have a lot of really cool musicals with really pretty music and I would love to be able to understand what they were singing about without having to use a crappy online translator.
3. If you could guest star on any TV show (either still running or canceled) what would it be and why?
Hmmm. You know, I'd love to be in The Tudors. I'd get to wear pretty, period dresses all the time and stuff. Really, it's all about the dresses for me. Well, and I'd like to give Jeremy Northam a hug, too.
4. Is there a canon couple in any of your fandoms that you think is a huge mistake?
I don't know. There are sort of what I consider to be 'my' fandoms (the ones I write for) and then there are sort of the peripheral fandoms, which are the ones that I read or watch, but don't write for. There's nothing really in 'my' fandoms that bothers me. Except for giving Rose her own Doctor at the end of Journey's End. That wasn't a couple issue so much as a character choice for Rose that I didn't approve of. In terms of the peripheral fandoms...Meredith and Derek on Grey's Anatomy have a very unhealthy relationship. Maybe of Meredith was a more appealing character, but at the moment, it's like she's a child and he's her father scolding her all the time. And don't get me started on George/Izzie.
5. What's one crossover fic you'd like to see written, no matter how unlikely or bizarre the combination?
The Dresden Files and NCIS. I think Abby and Harry would totally get along and I think Gibbs would find Harry a bit of a DiNozzo and I'd love to see Ducky's philosophical take on magic.