I find ranting in list format useful:
1. OMGWTFBeckett! I luff you Carson! That's why we had to keep going. He was all 'oh hai, I'm in ur base, freakin' out ur fans' and Mum and I had to find out what was up. I knew he was coming back, because Disc 1 had a special feature on it (way to spoiler Stargate people, you couldn't have put it on the 5th Disc?), but I didn't watch it so I didn't know exactly how he was returning. Then he had to go and semi-die again and make us cry again. I predicted it would end in tears and it did. I guess it means they can still bring him back, though.
2. Teal'c yay! I loved him saying goodbye to Carter earlier in the season and I enjoyed his interaction with Ronon very much, but it was the little moments with Carter that made me the happiest.
3. Lorne love! They did a lot with him this season and it pleases me greatly. I've always been a Lorne fan and thus I live in fear that he will be killed off, because he's the prime character to kill off for dramatic effect. So far so good, though, and I really enjoyed his bits in Doppelganger and Spoils of War. I hope he remains with us for awhile yet.
4. Favourite episodes: Tabula Rasa (especially Sheppard's 'disheveled' hair and his scene with Ronon at the jumper), Quarantine (Sheppard and Teyla were very sweet, as were Keller and Ronon) and Harmony (because we all know I'm a sucker for sticking my favourite characters with children). I didn't enjoy Miller's Crossing as much as McKay and Mrs. Miller, but I do hope to see Jeanie in the future because I think she's awesome.
5. Kudos to Christopher Heyerdahl (WTF spellcheck? You correct 'favourite', but Heyerdahl is in your dictionary?) for doing double duty. I love his voice. I could listen to him speak all day.
6. I miss actors doing commentaries. I could listen to David Hewlett and Martin Gero commenting all day, but the past couple of seasons have been actor free. I think it must be due to the schedule of the actors during the timing of recording, which is why I assume Amanda Tapping was available. I mean, directors and writers only work on certain episodes and Amanda's left the show and actors work everyday. Still, I miss them.
7. I enjoy the way Stargate handles time travel. I find that on other shows (*cough* Star Trek *cough*), time travel can get out of hand and boring after awhile, but Stargate manages to use it only rarely and to great effect. That having been said, I find altering a timeline a little hard to swallow due to the ethics involved with it. In Continuum and Moebius it seems better because clearly the timeline we're in is not the one that we're supposed to be in. But with Last Man, it feels little like it's wrong to change it. McKay alludes to there being issues on Earth, but we don't know what they are. I mean, I know we're supposed to feel sad that we lost Ronon, Carter, and Keller (and, technically, Sheppard), but those are four people out of however many that survived or were born in this new timeline that wouldn't in the alternate one. And I know things went to pot in the Pegasus galaxy as well, but it still feels a little wrong to me.
8. In any case, Season 3 remains my favourite season so far, but I thoroughly enjoyed Season 4 and Season 5 can get it's ass to Canada any day now.