Choose 12 characters...
1. Lt. Connie Murphy (Dresden Files TV)
2. Howard Stark (MCU)
3. DI Greg Lestrade (Sherlock)
4. Sarah Sawyer (Sherlock)
5. Merlin (Merlin)
6. Martin Crieff (Cabin Pressure)
7. Harry Dresden (Dresden Files TV)
8. Q [Trevelyan Holmes] (Skyfall/Sherlock)
9. Edwin Jarvis (MCU)
10. Pepper Potts (MCU)
11. Alec Thornton (Sherlock)
12. Peggy Carter (MCU)
Answer these questions...
1. Who would make a better college professor: 6 (Martin) or 11 (Alec)?
Alec all the way. He's already a teacher, and the last time Martin tried to show someone how to do something, he sprained his ankle. Professor Thornton for the win.
2. Do you think 2 (Howard) is hot?
Yes. Howard Stark is a very good-looking man, with a lot of money, and probably a very good dancer. I mean, I wouldn't want to actually get involved with him because I am way too sensitive a person for that to be a good idea, but I enjoy looking at him very much. From a distance.
3. 12 (Peggy) sends 8 (Q) on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed?
Presumably it's something 'save the world via computers'-related, and Q isn't so much 'sent' as 'told to do it'. Because no one sends Q anywhere, and if movement was required, surely there's some double-oh who can take care of that. But it does succeed, so long as Q has a laptop and a cup of tea.
4. What is, or would be, 9's (Jarvis) favorite book?
Hmmm, that's a good question. I have him quite the book nerd, and very much a fan of poetry. He likes Agatha Christie. I'm going to say Jarvis likes a bit of a classic adventure novel, so perhaps something like 'The Count of Monte Cristo' or 'The Three Musketeers'.
5. Would it make more sense for 2 (Howard) to swear fealty to 6 (Martin), or the other way around?
Definitely Martin swearing fealty to Howard. I can't see Howard swearing fealty to anyone, except perhaps in some kinky roleplay setting. Martin wouldn't enjoy it, but I can totally imagine Howard flying MJNAir and messing around with Martin and making him do it for a big tip.
6. For some reason, 5 (Merlin) is looking for a room-mate. Should they share a studio apartment with 9 (Jarvis), or 10 (Pepper)?
I don't think it would make too much difference, to be honest. Both Jarvis and Pepper are pretty comfortable sharing their lives with an eccentric danger-magnet. I think Jarvis might be the better choice, just because he'd keep the place nice and tidy and clean up all of Merlin's magic paraphernalia, and lend a sympathetic ear while making cups of tea.
7. 2 (Howard), 7 (Harry), and 12 (Peggy) have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
Obviously some Michelin-Star restaurant that Howard has booked for them that Harry is super uncomfortable to be eating in. I'm guessing Peggy and Howard probably tell non-classified stories of their war days, and Harry listens while trying not to set anything on fire.
8. 3 (Lestrade) challenges 10 (Pepper) to a duel. What happens?
I cannot even see this happening. If he did, it would be a joke, and they would laugh it off and go and get a drink and talk about how interesting life is when you work with a temperamental genius. For the record, though, if Lestrade meant it, Tony would shut that down right quick.
9. If 1 (Murphy) stole 8's (Q) most precious possession, how would they get it back?
Welcome to a life of computer viruses, plummeting credit scores, and mysterious manipulation of your apartment lights, Lt. Murphy. Followed by an incensed Consulting Detective showing up at your door to verbally abuse you and retrieve the item.
10. Suggest a title for a story in which 7 (Harry) and 12 (Peggy) both attain what they most desire.
'A Little Peace and Quiet'
11. What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 (Sarah) and 1 (Murphy) to work together?
I suppose some sort of situation where maybe Sarah was at a medical conference in Chicago and there was a murder, and Murphy finds Sarah is, like, really knowledgeable about crime procedure and investigation.
12. If 7 (Harry) visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
I don't know. I mean, I'd make him some food and feed him and stuff. I think we'd get along okay, provided there wasn't any demons trying to kill us or anything. We'd probably just chill and read books and maybe go for a walk. I'd have to keep him away from the computers, though. I think I'd move my flash drive entirely out of the house, just to be on the safe side.
13. If you could command 3 (Lestrade) to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
I have no idea. I don't think Lestrade has any particular skills I'm in need of. I think I'd just send him out for take out and suggest we watch a movie, or something. I wouldn't mind a hug. Maybe I'd just ask for a big Lestrade bear hug.
14. If 2 (Howard) had to choose sides between 4 (Sarah) and 5 (Merlin), which would it be?
That would be a tough one, because I can see Howard finding Sarah a very attractive woman he'd like to be in the good books with. But Merlin has magic, and Howard would be all over trying to figure out how the fuck that worked. Plus, Merlin would be a worse enemy than Sarah. So probably Merlin, but he'd flirt like hell with Sarah to bring her over to their side, too.
15. What might 10 (Pepper) shout while charging into battle?
"For God's sake, Tony!"
16. If you chose a song to represent 8 (Q), which song would you choose?
For some reason, this one jumped into my mind.
17. 1 (Murphy), 6 (Martin), and 12 (Peggy) are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
Martin. Both Murphy and Peggy would see that poor Martin really needs that pancake.
18. What might be a good pick-up line for 2 (Howard) to use on 10 (Pepper)?
Okay, this one made me a laugh, because there is a 100% chance Howard Stark would actually hit on his son's girlfriend, even just because he doesn't realize he's doing it. It would probably something along the lines of 'well, you're certainly easier on the eyes than Jarvis'. And Tony would just be glowering in the background. In terms of a good pick-up line, I don't know. Something about Pepper's efficiency?
19. What would 5 (Merlin) most likely be arrested for?
Magic, pretty much. Poor Merlin.
20. What is 6's (Martin) secret?
He likes SwissAir a lot, but Captain Loutre just isn't reckless enough to be as enjoyable to fly with as Douglas. It gets a bit boring sometimes, and he doesn't like to play games at all.
21. If 11 (Alec) and 9 (Jarvis) were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
Probably Jarvis, as he'd have access to aeroplanes and fast cars, and Alec would have gotten lost, like, two minutes after leaving the house.
22. If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 (Harry) or 8 (Q)?
Harry, definitely. He has magic. Q's only deadly with a laptop in his hands.