Thoughts below the cut.
- um, show, could you stop killing off characters? Or at least stop making characters die as a result of Merlin failing to do something? Seriously, ouch.
- r.i.p Uther, I'm glad you got a moment of badassery before you went. Nice acting from both Anthony Head and Bradley James there.
- you know what I really like this season? The fact that they've let Merlin/Colin grow-up. The opening narration is finally calling him a 'young man' and it seems like Colin has lost some of his baby face and I like it. I like Merlin being proactive, even if it isn't going well for him. I like a more world weary Merlin.
- I'm glad they kept the first half of the show really light-hearted, as it could have been a really dark episode if they kept it too solemn. It's one of the oldest gags in the book, but I enjoyed Merlin being two characters at once. I like it when they let Bradley do comedy, because he really is very good at it. I especially like that Arthur clearly has no idea how to use a broom.
- so Arthur is king. I suppose that's good, but I hope it doesn't get on the way of his adventures. I do enjoy the roadtrips.